Thursday, January 24, 2013

Happy birthday Naomi!

January 25 is Naomi's birthday.  That isn't until tomorrow for us, but it is already half way thru tomorrow in china.  It is absolutely killing me that we haven't heard back yet from our birthday cake delivery..  Maybe the orphanage is giving her cake today?  But, I am not holding my breath.  I am suspicious that they kept the money rather than spend it on a little girl that is probably on just a bottle.  That feels really cynical..
I read a few entries of another waiting mama's blog and she was writing to her future daughter.  She was writing to MeiMei.  Apparently this means little sister.  I love that for a nickname, do you know why? Because, in all my spare time spent day dreaming of this little love muffin, I have thought of all kinds of nick names for her.  One of them was MeiMei!  I never visualized it to know how it would be spelled, but how stinking cool is that?!  She will absolutely be our little sister.  I also really loved that she was writing to her daughter.  I may borrow that idea from time to time, starting today as I get ready to celebrate this little girl's life.

Happy birthday my sweet Naomi!  I pray that you are being honored on your birthday.  I pray that you are warm and your belly is full!  I pray that you are given a chance to be outside of your little crib and get to spend time with the other  babies.  I also pray that you get to taste the sweet delight that we sent to you.  I pray that there are other little boys and girls surrounding you enjoying this treat as well.

Next year, my love, we will have a birthday party together.  I have it all planned out!  I cannot wait to see you in a little party dress, staring excitedly (hopefully not bewildered) at all that is around you.  Will you be excited to play with balloons?  Will you have fun opening your gifts?  You will be an experienced gift opener by then, since Christmas is just a month before..  Little girl, you are going to be LOVED!  There are so many that already love you and anticipate your arrival!

Your big brothers are some of the most excited! They cannot wait for their MeiMei to be here!  They talk about you quite regularly, asking when you will be home.  They are both always so disappointed when I say it is still a long ways off.

Jesus is taking us through some lessons preparing us for you to join our family.  He is shaping our hearts so we can be the very best family to take care of you.  Do you know that He has chosen you to be a part of our family - our MeiMei!  Just like He has chosen us to be a part of His family!  Jesus loves us so much!  He loves you even more than we could ever dream.  He is there with you now, loving you and seeing you through until we can be together.  Hold tight to Him, Naomi, and He will be your delight.

I love you more than I ever thought possible and you are still so far away.  I hold you and kiss you and comfort you in my dreams.  I cannot wait to feel your smooth skin, to smell your sweet hair and to see you smile!  I have no idea what you sound like, but I know your voice will be beautiful.

Wo ai ni (I love you) Naomi Xinyu!
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment