Friday, January 11, 2013

Letters to Naomi

On Tuesday, Eman and I ordered a birthday cake to be sent to Naomi.  She will turn two at the end of this month.  We ordered through an agency called Ladybugs n hugs.  So far, I really like them!  They have been very quick in communicating with me and letting me know when our money was sent to the orphanage.  We were able to send a 600 word letter along with our order.  I wrote a short birthday greeting from us and then the boys both decided to write their own letters to.  I sent them all off with the request for the gal to send a translated copy.  I dont expect that the ayis will read our letters to Naomi as she is too little and would have no understanding anyway.  But, I hope that they will read them and agree with us that she is a valuable little girl!  We love her and pray for her everyday.  As far as cake goes, I dont expect Naomi to eat any of that either.  She is most likely still drinking from a bottle and probably has never had any type of solid food, let alone cake.  But, this will be a chance for some of the other kids at the orphanage to get some yummy treats!  I was praying about this last night, asking the Lord to send other kids, not the "favorites".  I have no idea if there is a "fair" system that rotates children through so each get a chance to eat cake.  I would be very pleasantly surprised if this was the case..

Here are our letters (dont they look cool?!):

亲爱的新宇:
生日快乐!我们非常高兴见你,我们爱你,非常期待来接你回家!
爱你的,
你的爸爸和妈妈

亲爱的新宇
我想让你回家,我等不及要和你一起玩。夏天的时候,我会教你游泳,我希望你是个友好的孩子,我们可以一起玩。再见!
你的哥哥
Jacob5岁)

亲爱的新宇:
我爱你!我想让你回家,这样我就可以看见你和你一起玩了。等你再大一些的时候,你就可以和我们一起在我们家的蹦床上蹦了。你回家后我会唱歌给你听,我希望你度过一个快乐的生日,我们会在这里为你庆祝生日!我们真希望你也在这里庆祝。
你的哥哥,
John7岁)

Dear Xinyu,
Happy birthday!  We are so excited to meet you.  We love you and cannot wait to bring you home!   
love, 
your baba and mama, 

Dear Xinyu,
I want you home.  I cant wait to play with you.  During the summer, I will teach you to swim  I hope you will be nice and that we can play together.
Bye!
Your big brother,
Jacob (5)

Dear Xinyu, 
I love you!  I want you to come home so I can see you and play with you.  When you are bigger, you will get to jump on our trampoline with us.  I will sing to you when you are home.  I hope you have a good birthday.  We are going to celebrate your birthday here!  We wish you were here to celebrate too.  
Your big brother, 
John (7)

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, this is SO sweet! I love the boys' letters!! And I LOVE that you posted what it looks like in Mandarin! That is cool!!

    ReplyDelete