Monday, July 22, 2013

T to the A!!

Our travel approval has been received by our agency, Lifeline!! This means we have permission from China to cross their borders to collect our child!  Tomorrow the consulate reopens and Karla will ask for our appointment. Eman has decided to ask for a later appointment. First off, we are not fully funded. Second off, we have three fundraisers in the works, one being our Both Hands project. We will be doing this on Aug 31, so asking for a later appointment date allows us to not rush in organizing and completing this project.
I have asked that our appointment be on Monday, September 16. If we are given this date, we would leave for China on September 7! We should hear back by the end of this week what day our appointment will be on for sure and then we can make flight arrangements!
I have been gathering supplies  for the past few weeks and I *think* I have most of what I need. I still need to finish purchasing the gifts for dignitaries, nannies and guides. I also need to purchase a few more essential snacks and supplies. I am sure I will over pack, but am going to do my absolute best not to. :)
In the meantime, we will be having as much fun as a family as possible. John's 8th birthday is in a couple weeks, too.
Here is one of the most recent (and last) pictures I got:



No comments:

Post a Comment