Friday, August 30, 2013

Nine days!

Tomorrow is our project day -  today we have been gathering supplies and sending off reminder emails. We have been abundantly blessed by our community and friends, too. Pasco Rentals donated financially and all the rock for the front yard as well as the use of their trailer (that dumps!). Home Depot donated $75 in gift certificates. Little Caesars Pizza donated 5 pizzas plus bread sticks. A local coffee shop roasts their own coffee and has donated a few pounds for the morning. Yoke's Grocery store donated a $50 gift card (originally it was going to be $35, but they added to it because of the heart felt thanks!) Love how God provides and above and beyond what we expect!! Oh! I forgot - my friend Bonnie is bringing a snow cone machine and signs to sell snow cones to the neighborhood and provide a free snow cone to the workers! All of her proceeds will be donated to our adoption fund! I think the snow cones will be the best part. :) I haven't told the boys yet - they are going to be thrilled!
Speaking of the boys, they are spending the night with Grandpa and Granny leaving Eman and I the night off! Originally we were planning a full on date night, but it has changed into a date night at home. I think this will be nicer, honestly. We have been so busy, it will be nice to just be home, together. It will be a while before we get this opportunity again! 
We have 9 more days before we will be in China, holding our delight - Naomi! Gah!!! We are still needing another $3000 and all day yesterday I was in a panic, stressed to the MAX! I whined and cried to The Lord off and on all day. Finally, He spanked me through my friend. I don't have the money because we don't need the money - yet. I am still waiting for the final wire amount which means I don't have to wire anything just yet. We have a few more days. :) The were several things that came in yesterday, too, even while I was still freaking out. Truly, The Lord knows our needs and He WILL provide. It is never in the way we expect or according to our timing either. We. Just. Have. To. Trust. The end.
So, while I wait, I get to lay in the cool grass and watch the clouds roll by. Literally. 
The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork. (Psalms 19:1 NKJV)

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for the beautiful display. Thank you for all you have provided. Thank you for what will still happen. Please forgive my weak, doubtful heart. Help me to keep my focus on YOU and what YOU will do. You are the strength in my weakness. Keep me on my knees Lord!! Bring my girl home.

No comments:

Post a Comment