Friday, August 23, 2013

Two weeks til take off!!

We leave in two weeks! I cannot believe that it's already this close!! These past few days I have been struggling with doubt about everything - I know it all backs up to attacks, but also not brig firmly rooted. Of all times to NOT have my eyes focused on Him..
Yesterday I read Psalm 25 - so appropriate!! I absolutely love reading what David wrote. The fear, the struggle, the constant barrage from his enemy, is so applicable to this adoption process. The reminders of grace, mercy and providence are also perfect!  These verses were a sweet correction and balm for my heart:

To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
O my God, I trust in You;
Let me not be ashamed;
Let not my enemies triumph over me,
Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed;
Let those be ashamed who deal treacherously without cause.

Show me Your ways, O Lord;
Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truths and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day.
Psalm 25:1-5

Today, it is chapter 27, that calms my spirit.

The Lord is my light and salvation;
WHOM SHALL I FEAR?
The Lord is the strength of my life;
OF WHOM SHALL I BE AFRAID?
When the wicked come against me
To eat up my flesh,
My enemies and does,
They stumbled and fell.
Though an army may encamp against me,
MY HEART SHALL NOT FEAR;
Though war may rise against me,
In this I will be confident.

One thing I have desired of The Lord,
That I will seek:
That I may dwell in the house of The Lord
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of The Lord,
And to inquire in His temple.
FOR IN TIME OF TROUBLE
HE SHALL HIDE ME IN HIS PAVILION;
IN THE SECRET PLACE OF HIS TABERNACLE
HE SHALL HIDE ME;
HE SHALL SET ME HIGH UPON A ROCK.

And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;
THEREFORE I WILL OFFER SACRIFICES OF JOY IN HIS TABERNACLE;
I WILL SING, YES, I WILL SING PRAISES TO THE LORD.

Emphasis is mine - I am nervous as all get out!! But, my Heavenly Father is Good, Merciful, Loving and Gracious. He has provided all we have and will continue to provide all we will ever need! What do I have to be nervous about?! Now, if I can keep that in the forefront of my heart and head, that would be great!!


No comments:

Post a Comment