Sunday, September 15, 2013

10 days past gotcha..

So far things have been going quite smoothly with our little mei-mei. She is a sweet, smiley little girl, most of the time. She is a pro at digging in her heels and we have had several round abouts with her. Eman and I have been learning a new parenting style with this little girl and I know the learning curve has not gotten steep yet..

Right now, the most difficult thing is missing the boys, second not having a true form of communication with Naomi. She understands our tone, but not necessarily words. Today she has begun to mimic me on more words. I tell her regularly "mama ai ne" (mama loves you) and she will whisper it back to me. It is so sweet! I don't know if she is just repeating it to herself as a confidence builder or if she is just mimicking without knowing what it means. 

I expect the curve to spike quite dramatically when we get home. First off, Naomi will be in a completely foreign environment - new smells, new sights, new people, new language, new lifestyle, new time zone. 100% will be different except me and eman. Mama and baba will still be there, until eman goes back to work. 

Second, mama will no longer exclusively be at Naomi's beck and call. She will have to share me with two other children that also need to be loved and cared for. This means that I will not be able to carry her around everywhere - she will need to get herself around a little bit more.

Which leads me to number 3 - Naomi cannot walk on her own. She is not strong enough nor does she have enough balance or confidence to make this happen. The lack of balances makes Naomi very nervous and panicky. In the orphanage, she sat in a walker throughout the day. Our doggy, Coco, loves to stick her long snout into little faces and tends to knock little kids down in her exuberance. Naomi has had zero experience with dogs, so this will lead to more panic and fear.

I think this will all add up to creating the perfect storm..

Until that time, eman and I are enjoying our sweet smiley girl. She is growing in her own confidence and as well as in us. 

Thank you Jesus for this sweet girl!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment