Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Consulate appointment!

Today eman and I swore an oath to care for our little girl - to fulfill this adoption to the best of our abilities. We did this with a group of 10-12 other families in front of an US adoption official. It was pretty cool. I got a little bit choked up. :) This was the last step in being able to bring Naomi home with us to join our family. This was the easiest step out of all of the things we did throughout this past year. 
This has been a pretty amazing trip. I never thought I would go to China, nor that I would have a little girl! God has an amazing way of changing our plans and making them better than we could imagine.

I am so, so thankful for our agency! If we do this again, there is no doubt we will use Lifeline again. It is so nice to know that they are praying for you, encouraging, supporting and holding your hand through every hoop that needs to be jumped through! I truly cannot say enough good things about lifeline. I love them! 

I am also so thankful for my family and friends! Their support and encouragement has been what carried me through moments of frustration and disappointment. They celebrated and listened. I know that this will continue as eman and I begin the next phase of things with Naomi. These people have been indispensable!

I am also so very thankful for the many people, family, friends, acquaintances and complete strangers, that rallied around us and supported us financially. It is amazing to see how The Lord used these people to bring this little girl home! 

Lastly, I am so thankful for the perfect example of adoption that My Heavenly Father has laid out for us. When we ask Jesus into our hearts, we are grafted or adopted into His kingdoms. He made this possible by dying on the cross, then rising from the dead after being buried for 3 days! He paid the price for our sins using his body to be the sacrificial lamb. This made it possible for me (and you!) to live with Him in heaven for eternity! How cool is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment