Tuesday, June 12, 2012

$41.28 one way...

Our FBI fingerprints have been mailed - finally!  Overnight, am delivery is definitely not cheap.  And, we get to pay it one more time when the results are mailed back in a few short months... 

Before God told us we were adopting a little boy from China, I had signed up to go on a mission trip to Uganda.  After we found out God had a different plan for us, I started to pray about whether I was still supposed to go on this trip.  From all I had found out, the trip to Africa would not interfere with our trip to China other than I would need to continue to raise the money for that trip at the same time as raising money for China.  Obviously, my heart was torn.  My priorities had shifted to seeing the urgency in getting our little boy out of China ASAP.  I didn't really feel like God was telling me one way or the other whether I was supposed to stay home or still go.  This past weekend, I felt like I really needed to devote some serious time to prayer to find out what God's will was.  I was bummed, but also relieved when I felt like he was telling me to not go to Africa.  Unfortunately for the other team members, another gal also backed out so now there are not enough people going to make the trip affordable.  I am especially bummed for my friend since she was really looking forward to going back to visit her Ugandan friends.  I am praying that she will still be able to go visit, just on her own.  Please Lord, provide a way!

This weekend we will be having another yard sale.  We will be combining the profit we make with what we have already saved to pay our first big payment.  Please, Father, multiply our profits so we have what we need.  After that is done, we will be able to schedule our first home study appointment.  I am hoping to get as much as we can done on our own to give to our social worker when we meet her for the first time.  I think that the amount of time it takes to get through this step will be dependent on that, and some on how quickly our SW works too.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment