Wednesday, June 20, 2012

wisdom..

Proverbs 2:6 - For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

This is the commentary that came with the scripture:
Many of us have started our Christian walk with studying the Scripture, but we can ease into our own views of "common sense".  We must remember that whether we have walked with Jesus for six days or sixty years, our wisdom, knowledge and understanding must come from the words of God.  If left unchecked, we will default to choosing the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, but God has given us His word so that we can make a daily choice to eat from the tree of life.

This is so appropriate for me right now - not that I am walking away from the Lord, but because I am being questioned.  It is so, so important to stay in Godly fellowship (church, bible study, etc) and even more important to be in the Word DAILY!  Daily is a struggle for me, but I am learning everyday how necessary this renewal is!

God has called Eman and I to bring this little boy home (hopefully soon we will decide on a name for him..).  We did not choose to add an unknown child to our family.  We did (and do) choose to obey what the Lord has asked us to do.  It may be a difficult change once he is home, and it may not be.  I am preparing for the worst, as best as I can.  But, I am prayful and hopeful that this little boy will gain strength both physically, mentally and spiritually once he is in our home.  I know that these things are only possible if his Father wills it.  When I am faced with discouragement, it is harder to trust in my Father's plan.  Which, brings me full circle to how important it is to be renewing my mind EVERY DAY!

This is what the Lord calls ALL of us believers to do:

Matt 25:35-40 - "..for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.  Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink?  When did we see you a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You?  Or when did we see You sick, or in prison and come to You?  And the King will answer and say to them, Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me."

James 1:27 - "Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world." (NKJV)

The Amplified version says it this way: "External religious worship [religion as it is expressed in outward acts] that is pure and unblemished in the sight of God the Father is this: to visit and help and care for the orphans and widows in their affliction and need, and to keep oneself unspotted and uncontaminated from the world."
(emphasis mine)

We just need to choose to obey his calling - and we are answering with a resounding YES!  We want to bring this little boy out of China to love him and care for him.

Isaiah 40: 4 - "Every valley shall be exalted and every mountain and hill brought low; The crooked places shall be made straight and the rough places smooth; the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together; for the mouth of the Lord has spoken."

Isaiah 40: 28 - 31 - "Have you not known?  Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary.  His understanding is unsearchable.  He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might he increases strength.  Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."

Thank you, Father, for these promises!  I cannot wait for our little boy to come home.  Please, sweet Jesus, bring him home soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment