Thursday, June 28, 2012

one down, three more to go.

Tonight we had our first homestudy appointment.  I think it went well.  Of course, Eman had a connection with the social worker - he knows her husband and has memories that go back to when he was a little boy of this man!  Apparently he used to have Richard Marx hair...?  Eman seems to find someone he knows everywhere he goes.  In fact, my brother used to live in KY and we went to visit him once.  While we were there, Eman ran into someone he knew from the TriCities at a minor league baseball game!  I have learned to just keep walking when he stops to chat at Walmart... 
Back to topic, we had our first appointment today!  We sent a lot of paperwork home with her to enter into the computer.  Eman and I are going to do our best to make sure that we stay ahead of our social worker on paperwork so we can go through this process as quickly as possible.  I am going to be contacting a clinic in Seattle that specializes in adoption.  We need to know what we can expect for our little Jie.  I know that the Dr will be making an educated guess, but he will be giving me an idea of things that I havent thought of.  I am super nervous to find out what he is going to say, but can only cling to the promise that the Lord is directing our path and He will be caring us through.
I cannot wait to get more pictures of our son (if that is even possible) but am even more anxious to get him into my hands to care for and love him.  I know that Lord is going to equip me to be the very best mama I can be for this little boy.  I am excited to see how Jie is going to change our family and lives!  I am excited to see how he grows and develops - I want to hear him laugh, see him smile, feel his soft touch.  I want to hear him say MAMA!  I cannot wait for him to meet his brothers and have the freedom and strength to move and play.  My big boys have so much to teach this little boy.
I cannot wait to see how John & Jacob grow and develop as a result of opening up their hearts to a little boy desperate for love.  I cannot wait to see how Jie, through Jesus, changes them.
Please, Lord Jesus, comfort my Jie.  Give him a hope and a knowledge that change and something good is coming - soon!  Snuggle him and stroke his sweet little face.  Send angels to sing him sweet lullabies to sleep.  Remind him that he is valuable not only to us, but to You as well!  Thank you for bringing us together.

No comments:

Post a Comment