Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Change is on the horizon

Eman got promoted yesterday to Corporal!  I know it may seem crazy, but we are both excited for this change.  Eman's schedule will be changing back to shift work which means 12 hour days and 6 weeks of days/6 weeks of nights (right now he works 4/10's with a 3 day wknd).  It will also mean a lot of new stress and responsibility for Eman.  Both of these do not make me excited at first glance.  But, the Lord is faithful to provide for our needs  - Eman's pay increase will make up the difference of what I was earning while babysitting the baby this last year.  And, the rotation of working/days off will be nice, I think, once Aiden comes home.  That rotation will also be nice when it is time to take time off to go get Aiden. 

The down side will be nights, of course.  It is going to be very important that the boys know right away that they need to leave Eman alone while he is home, since he will be trying to sleep.  This shift may be the easiest to do school on though.  ;)  It is also going to be important to make sure that the days off are days of rest and relaxation so Eman can decompress from work.  I think this will be the hardest for me..

It will be a bit before Eman moves back into the jail since they have to do a lot of training to transition everyone else too.  But, I am praying that this will happen by September at the latest.  Ideally I would like training to have been started before the actual school year/Home Link begins. 

I am also praying the Lord will use Eman in that place as an example of a hard working man that does his job without complaining.  I pray that Eman will be a light in such a dark place - that he will be faithful to pray for his supervisors as well as his officers.  Eman has been told that he will most likely be placed with a "weak" Sargent meaning that they expect Eman to pull the guy aside to keep him in line.  This is a huge load to put on anyone, let alone a brand new corporal.  I am praying that God will give Eman huge amounts of wisdom and strength, as well as words to encourage and correct. 

I think Eman is going to be an amazing leader simply because of where the Lord has taken him and the lessons Eman has grown up through/with.  I am so proud of my husband for listening to what he felt like the Lord was telling him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment