Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Galations 5

This morning, I read Galatians 5:1-6.  Interestingly enough, it is a great follow up to my corrections from last night:

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.  Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.  And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.  You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.  For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.  For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love."

Last night the Lord showed me my bondage, my sin.  Today, He tells me, now that I have confessed, to move on!  I am no longer caught in that bondage.  Following the "rules" is not what is going to save me - I have to totally surrender.  I have to trust the Lord loves me and will work in and through me to complete my life.  It would be great to have this be a snap thing, and then our lives would be complete.  But, that is not how the Lord does things.  Each day I must choose to leave my bondage behind.  Please pray for me (and I will pray for you) that I am able to do this through the strength of the Holy Spirit.

Today's verse in My Utmost is 2 Cor 5:17 - "If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."  Oswald says in the devotion, "..God pays no respect to anything we ring to Him.  There is only one ting God wants of us, and that is our unconditional surrender."  "The only way is by allowing nothing of the old life to remain, and by having only simple, perfect trust in God - such a trust that we no longer want God's blessings, but only want God Himself.  Have we come to the point where God can withdraw His blessings from us without our trust in Him being affected?  Once we truly see God at work, we will never be concerned again about the things that happen, because we are actually trusting in our Father in heaven, whom the world cannot see."

There has been a repeating theme throughout my blogging... TRUST.  Apparently I am super slow to get this.  LOL  I know that I can trust the Lord regardless of whether there is blessing for me.  My problem is whether I throw a hissy fit or not.  I need to give my trust with a happy heart, just like I tell my boys.  No stinky attitudes!

My goal for the rest of this month (and on forward) is to continue reading each morning.  I am planning to at least put where I read up here, so I am held accountable.  I cant use the standby "no time" excuse, because I do - at least 10 minutes.  I know that's not a lot of time, but that is enough to meet with the Lord to start my day.  THAT is what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment