Wednesday, October 3, 2012

How great is our God?!

We all like sheep have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.  Isaiah 53:6

Do y of feel far from God? There is good news.  God knew that we don't have the ability to be consistent, so he took our faults and laid them upon the only One who could bear all of our wondering - himself.  Jesus took our sin because our heavenly Father knows us much better than we know ourselves.  Our quest for chistian perfection can be laid at The cross.  We  can rejoice that Jesus death and resurrection has opened the way to return from our wondering back to the arms of our Creator.  (commentary by Dave Whitehead,, senior pastor, gracenyc.org)

While I am not feeling far f rom God, necessarily, I am so thankful that He is able to bear my wonderings!  I am definitely guilty of that, it seems on a daily basis, as I get busy with what is right in front of my nose.  I am so easily distracted by the day to day, I tend to forget that my Heavenly Father is giving those day to day things to draw me into His presence..  This reminds me of His call to be more intentional with all that is in my life.  I purchased a study to do with the boys a few weeks ago.  We haven't started it yet.  My excuse was I didn't have ink to print it out - it is an online, PDF study rather than an actual book.  Well, that excuse, obviously doesn't fly since it is an online, PDF study.  However, I now have ink and print out a hard copy.  I will be printing it out and starting the study this week with my boys .  Once again, I need to be intentional.  Thank you, Lord that you can redirect me with a single verse.  Please continue to draw me into Your presence and to keep my eyes on You!

No comments:

Post a Comment