Sunday, October 14, 2012

Hello, my name is..

We told the boys last night that we are going to have a little sister and she is waiting in china.  We showed them her picture and they both said, I have seen her on the computer!  Yep.  They had a mixed reaction and the conversation did not play out like I had planned in my head.  John was a bit disappointed because he wanted another brother.  I reminded him that he already had  a brother..  Jacob said he wanted a big sister from the united states like a big girl they had played with earlier In the evening.  I told him that I didn't know if we would ever be getting a big sister.  For now, we were just getting a little sister.  They immediately moved on and went back to the tickle fight they were having with daddy.  The whole thing was a little bit anticlimactic.  I guess I should have expected that because the reality of a baby sister being here is still a ways off.

After I got them settled back down and back on the bedtime path, eman and I had a quiet little discussion about Xinyu's name.  We decided that we will name her Naomi Xinyu.  The name Naomi means pleasant, delightful.  I pray that this Naomi brings delight to our family.  I cannot wait to see how she changes our family dynamic.  Hold on, little sister, my little delight! We will be there before you know it.

1 comment:

  1. I LOOOVVE IT!!! YaY! Glad your boys know they can be totally raw and honest with their sweet emotions and we all know they'll be delighted :) to have her there when she gets home!

    ReplyDelete